/* Google Analytics ----------------------------------------------- */ /* End Google Analytics ----------------------------------------------- */

Wednesday, October 27, 2010


I admit is is not the most original source of inspiration... but I remain fascinated every time I put this DVD in my player.  I am especially impressed with how Kubrick at a tender young age of 35 managed to make such a defining movie.  The movie was premiered in 1968.  The first manned moon landing was in 1969.

This image, a frame grab from the recent blu-ray release, shows off the incredible design sensibility from the film.  For a director whose career descriptions are constantly prefaced with his still photography background for Look Magazine... he was clearly also one hell of a production designer!

No comments:

Post a Comment